The Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Center at Compassion Mental Health Services offers a safe and effective option for patients suffering from depression whose symptoms persist despite treatment with antidepressant medications.
The TMS Center at Compassion Mental Health Services brings world-class clinical care to patients in New Castle, PA, Youngstown, Ohio and surrounding areas. For many, the proximity and convenience of a potential treatment center can make all the difference. Located about 25 minutes from Boardman-Youngstown, Ohio, Compassion Mental Health Services is western Pennsylvania’s first and the only to offer the BrainsWay dTMS device for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and one of the only providers to offer Deep TMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression. Compassion Mental Health Services provides a full range of behavioral health services from children, adolescents, adults, and families.
What is TMS Therapy?
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a noninvasive procedure that uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain. TMS therapy is the first and only FDA-approved treatment for depression that does not require surgery or medication. Moreover, it ranks among the most technologically advanced treatments available for depression.
- As a safe, noninvasive, effective outpatient therapy, TMS has helped thousands of patients with depression who have not received adequate support from antidepressants.
Is TMS therapy covered by my insurance?
- TMS Therapy is now covered by all major insurance companies, including Medicare, Ohio Medicaid plan (CareSource), UPMC, United Healthcare, and Highmark-Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
Why Choose the TMS Center at Compassion Mental Health?
- The TMS Center at Compassion Mental Health Services is Lawrence County's first and most experienced provider of TMS therapy and has helped dozens of patients achieve remission.
- Our TMS technicians and board-certified psychiatrists with specialized training in TMS Therapy, will guide you throughout the process.
- We offer complementary TMS Therapy Support Group for our patients, providing a safe and supportive space for them to connect and talk.
If you want to learn more about treatment-resistant depression and TMS, then please call Compassion Mental Health Services today at (724) 856-3588 or visit our facilities to arrange a confidential consultation.