The Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Center at Compassion Mental Health Services offers a safe and effective option for patients suffering from depression whose symptoms persist despite treatment with antidepressant medications.
The TMS Center at Compassion Mental Health Services brings world-class clinical care to patients in New Castle, PA, Youngstown, Ohio and surrounding areas. For many, the proximity and convenience of a potential treatment center can make all the difference. Located about 25 minutes from Boardman-Youngstown, Ohio, Compassion Mental Health Services is western Pennsylvania’s first and the only to offer the BrainsWay dTMS device for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and one of the only providers to offer Deep TMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression. Compassion Mental Health Services provides a full range of behavioral health services from children, adolescents, adults, and families.
What is TMS Therapy?
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a noninvasive procedure that uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain. TMS therapy is the first and only FDA-approved treatment for depression that does not require surgery or medication. Moreover, it ranks among the most technologically advanced treatments available for depression.
- As a safe, noninvasive, effective outpatient therapy, TMS has helped thousands of patients with depression who have not received adequate support from antidepressants.
Is TMS therapy covered by my insurance?
TMS Therapy is now covered by all major insurance companies, including Medicare, Ohio Medicaid plan (CareSource), UPMC, United Healthcare, and Highmark-Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
Why Choose the TMS Center at Compassion Mental Health?
- The TMS Center at Compassion Mental Health Services is Lawrence County’s first and most experienced provider of TMS therapy and has helped dozens of patients achieve remission.
- Our TMS technicians and board-certified psychiatrists with specialized training in TMS Therapy, will guide you throughout the process.
- We offer complementary TMS Therapy Support Group for our patients, providing a safe and supportive space for them to connect and talk.
If you want to learn more about treatment-resistant depression and TMS, then please call Compassion Mental Health Services today at (724) 856-3588 or visit our facilities to arrange a confidential consultation.