Diagnosing patients through professional psychiatric assessment
Mental health is a complex subject to maneuver through on your own. People tend to incorrectly self-diagnose their mental illness without really understanding which psychiatric disorder they’re suffering from, which can be harmful in the long run.
Compassion provides assessment, diagnosis, and ongoing treatment for a range of mental health conditions such as:
- Poor Self-esteem
- Substance abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Martial conflicts
- Cognitive disorders
- Thought disorders
- Manic depressive disorders
A proper diagnosis is vital to your well-being so we can determine the best treatment option for you to start recovering sooner.
What to Expect
The point of a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation is to diagnose or evaluate a patient with one or multiple psychiatric disorders, so our doctors can create a specialized plan of treatment to alleviate harmful symptoms and improve their quality of life.
A comprehensive psychiatric evaluation includes:
- A thorough description of present symptoms and behaviors
- Effects of behaviors or symptoms on:
– Work performance
– School performance
– Interpersonal relationships and interactions
- Personal and family history, especially psychiatric and developmental disorders
- Substance abuse history
- Complete medical history
- Laboratory studies, including blood tests and special assessments